- Why don’t we host parties anymore? (NY Times)
- My favorite scarf in the shop (Etsy)
- The hardest things about adult friendships. (apartment therapy)
- 15 Words you can eliminate from your vocabulary to sound smarter. (the muse)
- This new safety companion kickstarter. (Brit + Co)
- Professionalism and Amy Poehler= two really important things. (Career Contessa)
- I suddenly really want to pot all of my plants in animals! (anthro- photo via)
- Download the Companion app and your friends and family can always be sure that you made it home safe.
- Free printable food and exercise log from Day Designer!
- 9 ways you can update a room in just a few hours.
- I loved this beauty uniform post from cupofjo.com.
- Why have I never tried to make breakfast enchiladas!?
- I can’t wait until my hair grows out so I can do funky styles like this one.
When I used to work with college students a lot, I used to ask them to rate their day 1-5 at random. 5 was the ideal, but most students aren’t living in a world of 5’s. It didn’t force a conversation, but it allowed us both to stop and re-evaluate what needed to be talked about based on their state of mind. If someone asked me to rate this week I’d give it a 2. It wasn’t necessarily a bad week, but I definitely can’t call it a good week, either. Let’s just say I’ve been ready for Friday since Monday.
Best of the week: When Dean brought me home ice cream at random.
Challenge of the week: RAIN on every. morning. commute.
So how are you feeling, 1-5?
- DIY the planter above thanks to Fall for DIY
- Don’t forget to enter to win a new pair of glasses!
- How our bodies adapt (or don’t adapt) to temperatures. Maybe this is why I’m always so cold at work!
- My sister and Dean both get itchy after enjoying certain fruits, but none of us knew that it was due to a pollen allergy? #TheMoreYouKnow
- How buying the right bra can change everything.
- My long commute has forced me to do each of these 5 things to better prepare.
- So when do you think I’ll be able to wear this outfit in Florida? January maybe?
- Maybe I’ll just buy myself a print of Miami from Etsy to remind about the wonders of South Florida this fall.
- If you like learning about other relationships, watch this.
- If you like Star Wars and snacks, make this.
- If you have a job interview coming up, don’t do this.
- If you like punny sayings, buy this.
- If you love pit bulls, read this.
- If you suddenly want to buy me new clothes, please purchase this. 🙂
I definitely meant to post this last Friday but I forgot to publish it out. Whoops! Better late than never, right?
- Would you condition before shampooing?
- Every day I think to myself “”How the heck do I get these plastic pieces off of my earrings?”… apparently I was just supposed to do it?
- How to work a room (when you don’t know anyone).
- 6 Things I wish I knew when I first moved out on my own.
- How great are the sneakers above? They seem like such a great option for Florida weekends. (photo via hello fashion)