Warning: long post ahead!
So I’m pretty excited that my friend Sarah from anythingbetween nominated me for the Leibster Award. Her blog is super fun and as she mentioned when she did a guest post for WLB, we also have the pleasure of chatting blogs and laughing together all day at the office.
There are a couple of rules with the Liebster Award.
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you. (thanks again, girl!)
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 other blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I thought it would be fun. I had been reading blogs for about two years and I was recreating some Pinterest projects when I thought “Hey, this could be blog worthy!”
2. What is your go-to movie to watch?
Sarah, this one kills me. We all know I’m not a very good movie person… but I’ve never turned off a Leo film. I also could watch Crazy, Stupid, Love until I go blind.
3. What dinner do you prepare when you can’t think of anything to prepare?
I don’t cook much (because Dean is an awesome cook), but when I need to I tend to resort to baked chicken, brown rice and some veggies or a hearty salad with some chicken thrown in the mix.
4. What do you miss most about being a kid?
I’m one of those strange people who really appreciates the self-dependent aspect of being an adult.
5. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
How about a commercial? Remember this one from the super bowl? Cried while re-watching it today.
6. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
Tickets to a Rangers game and a night out in NYC with Dean last year was a wonderful birthday gift! I also gave him tickets to go see Hall and Oates for his birthday last year so we did a night out in AC. We like experience gifts.
7. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Vacuuming & dusting! They’re easy but I hate them. My allergies hate them, too.
8. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be and why?
Maybe the signing of the Decoration of Independence… because wouldn’t it be cool if I slipped my name on that baby?
9. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Speak another language fluently! I’ve always wanted to… I’d probably choose Spanish or Turkish – what a combo right?
10. What is one food that you will not eat?
Anything really spicy… and by really spicy I mean anything that could be considered more than “mild”. I’m a big baby.
11. Who is the one person that helped to make you who you are today?
I don’t think I could name just one. My family obviously had a huge influence on my life. I’d say out of my friends, Bahar has definitely taught me the most. Thanks girl!
1- I have never won anything from a claw machine.
2- I switched my undergraduate degree from education to media and IT and now I’m switching my masters program from school counseling to HR. I guess I have trouble sticking with decisions?
3- I really like traveling and so far I’ve hit up 5 different countries.
4- I have a life goal of making it to all 50 states.
5- I’ve always dreamed of being a lefty.
6-I absolutely love live concerts and events. In college I did a lot of event planning and I even worked for an audio and lighting company. I worked some cool & interesting concerts including Peter Frampton, Lil’ Wayne, and Marilyn Manson.
7- I find grumpy old men to be endearing.
8- I’m almost always cold.
9- Elephants are my favorite animals….. besides Allegra.
10- I fractured my first bone during my first snowboarding trip ever in my freshman year of college. Yes, I tried it again. No, I have not broken anything else.
11- I used to play the piano and violin but then I fractured that bone in my wrist.
Man. This is long. Almost done!
People I’d like to nominate
I can’t wait to know you guys better!
Finally, 11 Questions for you
1- What do you like best about blogging?
2- Any secret talents?
3- What is your favorite animal?
4- If you could meet anyone in the world (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
5- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
6- If I handed you a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
7- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
8- Describe yourself in 3 words – no elaborating!
9- If you had 30 minutes of free time, what would you do?
and because I ran out of questions early, Dean came up with the last 2 for you.
(answer at your own risk)
10- Would you rather lick the floor of a gross public bathroom or wear someone else’s dirty underwear?
11- Which would you rather do: listen to Rebecca Black’s Friday on repeat for 24 hours or be trapped in a closet with R. Kelly for an hour?
and if you made it this far… I love you.
Here is an adorable koala bear to show my thanks.
How would you answer these questions? Tell me more about you in a comment!