I had some red and green M&M’s left over after my holiday button project. What’s a girl to do with left over M&M’s you ask? Why make M&M cookies of course!
If you ask me, they came out absolutely perfect.
Christmas Cookies: M&M Edition!
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks @ room temp)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- However many M&M's you happen to have left from your last project (I probably had 1-1.5 cups)
- Beat the butter until smooth, and then add in sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet about an inch apart, and press 3-4 M&M's into the top.
- Bake them at 350 degrees for approx. 9-12 minutes.
copyright of withluckblog.com, 2013
I baked all of mine for 9 minutes and they couldn’t have been better – a little crunchy on the outside, but warm and gooey in the middle. I’m getting hungry again just typing this.
What would you have done with left over M&M’s?
linking up with Shabby Creek Cottage